Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Recycling

So last week I will was unfaithful to my resolution: I didn't plan an art project for the girls aside from the almost daily coloring with crayons that they do anyway. I do find the evolution of a child's scribbling quite interesting, and I intend to make that a subject of a future post. Still, I think this is possibly the most success I've ever had with New Year's Resolutions, and I intend to continue full speed ahead.
This week our project was to take a few items from our recycle bin, combined with random objects from our art supply cabinet (namely feathers, buttons, and colored tissue paper) and create three-dimensional sculptures with the help of glue and tape. As soon as Rebecca saw the supplies set out on the table, she was in her chair working on her first (of four) sculptures. Elliot as usual was content to play with the supplies, the buttons in particular, so I attached loops of tape to a couple of recyclables so she could stick the buttons to them at her own pace. Double sided tape would work great for this also. As in previous projects, the buttons she stuck to the tape did not remain there for long as she repeatedly removed and re-stuck said buttons numerous times.

Each sculpture is unique and interesting! We just so happened to have a couple of friends over for this project, so we added their creations to group. I will definitely do this again with different objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment